1. Hydrazine Sulfate Doctors Whitaker, Gold and Qiullin all strongly recommend Hydrazine Sulfate because it inhibits the excessive gluconeogenises that occurs in cancer patients. Hydrazine exhibits the enzyme phosphoenal pyravate carboxkinase and slows or reverses cachexin in advanced cancer patients. It is available from Life Support 209-529-4697; Life Energy 604-856-0171, Nutrilogics 800-618-1881 and Biotech 800-345-1199.
2. Detoxification - Dr. Patrick Qullin recommends a vegetarian, low glycemic and low protein diet along with detoxifying supplements such as fiber, water, garlic, indole 3 carbinals, calcium D glucarate, selenium, vitamine E, lipoic anid and glutathione.
3. PH Balance Dr. Patrick Quillin and Dr. Robert Young recommend the maintenance of a proper balance of acidity and alkalinity (7.4). This is done by eating a plant based diet (mostly vegetables) and none or very little dairy, beef, sugar and simple carbohydrates. Products such as Buffer pH from Vaxa International are known to assist in the maintenance of a healthy pH balance..
4. Probiotics - Dr. Metchinikoff (Nobel Prize 1908) was one of the pioneers in determining that most diseases started in the colon. Dr. Patrick Quillin and Dr. Julian Whitaker are just two of the many doctors who recommend the consumption of sizeable amounts of probiotics such as acidophillus and bifidus.
5. Cell Membrane Support - Dr. Patrick Quillin and many other doctors and scientists attest to the need to ensure cell membranes are soft and permeable in order to allow for the entrance of nutrients and the excretion of waste. Nutrients that help to ensure this condition include essential fatty acids such as flax seed oil, fish oil, evening primrose oil, conjugated linoleic acid and lecithin. The proper level of electrolytes is also critical (i.e. sodium, potassium, calcium, magnesium). Saturated fats, sugars and lack of exercise are harmful.
6. Vitamin and mineral supplementation - Many supplements have been proven in clinical trials (human, animal and in vitro) to inhibit cancer cell growth. The following are recommended by doctors such as Patrick Quillin, PhD, James Balch, M.D., Jeffrey Bland, PhD., Mark Strangler M.D. and numerous others.
- Vitamin C A strong anit-oxidant with proven ability to enhance tumor destruction and prolong the life of cancer patients. Promotes the production of interferon in the body.
- Vitamin E Increases antibody response to T-dependent antigens and thus improves immune function.
- Selenium Works in conjunction with Vitamin E to shield host cells from lypid peroxidation. Deficiencies can lead to increased incidence of enteric lesions.
- Zinc - Improves lymphocyte function which enhances the cytotoxity (killing abihities) of natural killer cells.
- Co Q 10 Improves cellular oxygenation as well as protecting the cells nucleus (DNA) fromfree radical change.
- Melatonin - A powerful antioxidant which can retard tumor metabolism and development. It is a natural inducer of other antioxidants, prevents DNA damage and aids in sleep.
- Turmeric Curcumin (turmeric) exhibits powerful anticancer, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. It interferes with angiogenesis (tumor feeding and growth).
- Beta carotene - Has strong antioxidant capabilities and is essential for the repair and rebuilding of cells.
- Astragalus Stimulates the immune system and can restore white blood cell counts (good during chemotherapy). Enhances the activity of macrophages and natural killer cells. Protects the liver.
- Green tea Strong antioxidant activity of polyphenols helps to protect the DNA, blocks the cancer causing activity of nitrates and prevents enzymes such as cytochrome P 450.
- Garlic - Can reduce the proliferation of cancer cells especially in cases of liver or colon cancer.
- Vitamin D May inhibit cancer cell growth and induce cancer cells to differentiate back into normal cells.
- Whey protein Increases the level of glutathione in healthy cells while reducing levels in cancer cells. Glutathione is the body's most power natural antioxidant and cancer cells are more easily destroyed if glutathione levels are lower in these cells while being higher in healthy cells.n. Digestive enzymes Cancer cells develop a protective coating of mucous and fiber, which is taken away by digestive enzymes thus allowing natural killer cells and antioxidants to kill these cells or force them to revert back to healthy cells.
- Mushrooms Maitake, shitake, reishe and zhu ling will have proven anti-cancer properties and can be taken as capsules or tea.
- MSM Has been shown in animal studies to inhibit or delay the advance of mammary and colon cancer cells by up to ten years.
- Glutathione - A tripeptide which helps natural killer cells to suppress cancer cells, alpha lipoic acid encourages the body to make more glutathione.
Other Cancer Therapies
- Hoxsey Therapy A combination of herbs with cancer fighting capabilities.
- Sauna and steambaths Heat (about 103 degrees F) can kill cancer cells.
- Hyperthermia - Using lasers or other heat producing instruments cancer cells are destroyed (103 degrees F)
- Electro magnetic therapy - Magnetic frequency waves have been shown to impede cancer cell growth.
- Antineoplastions therapy Natural bioactive peptides in the body stop the growth of cancer. These antineoplastons can be taken from healthy people and given to cancer patients who have low levels of these bioactive peptides. This also induces cancer cells to revert back to normal cells.
© Charles K. Bens, Ph. D.