(Partially modeled on a test developed by Robert S. Eliot, M.D.)
Score as follows:
5 = All the time
4 = Often
3 = Sometimes
2 = Rarely
1 = Never
- My stress is caused by forces beyond my control. _______
- When change is required, I become anxious. _______
- I am dissatisfied with my personal relationships. ________
- I am tired because of demands at work and at home. _______
- I don't seem to have enough time to finish things. _______
- I have financial pressures that are difficult to deal with. _______
- I dislike my work and can't risk trying to change it. _______
- I feel disappointment about my achievements. _______
- I don't take advice or criticism very well. _______
- I feel that many people are dependent on me. _______
- I find it hard to ask for help. _______
- I use food, smoking, or alcohol to help me cope. _______
- I do not handle anger very well. _______
- I feel there are few people I can trust and confide in. _______
- I feel that things will not work out for me. _______
15 – 29 Excellent – You have things under control and are probably happy.
30 – 44 Good – You are emotionally stable and can improve in some areas.
45 – 69 Concern – You have more stress than you can handle and could use some help making a plan to avoid stress in some areas.
60 – 75 Danger – You have too many stressful situations and need professional assistance to help reverse and/or manage your problems.