The following topics would also be covered as questions to be answered by an independent observer or through examination of available statistics. Each item should be considered on a sliding scale of one through ten:
- Owner/Senior management commitment.
- Rate of health care cost increase last 5 years.
- Health care cost as % of overall expenditures.
- Percentage of health premiums paid by employer and employee.
- Average number of days missed due to illness (all employees).
- Current level of wellness program initiatives.
- Level of commitment to wellness personally by owner/manager.
- Level of knowledge and openness to alternative health strategies.
- Acknowledgement of connection between employee satisfaction, customer satisfaction and profitability.
- Current caring and trust relationship between employer and employees.